What drugs can be used to treat erectile dysfunction(ED)?-Tadalafil(Cialis)
What drugs can be used to treat erectile dysfunction(ED)?-Tadalafil(Cialis)
SZOB blog navigation
1.What is erectile dysfunction(ED)?
Erectile dysfunction (ED) is a common type of male sexual dysfunction. It is when a man has trouble getting or keeping an erection. ED becomes more common as you get older. But it's not a natural part of aging.About half of men ages 40 to 70 have erectile dysfunction (ED) to some degree, although only one in 10 report a complete inability to have erections.
Taking an ED drug produces an erection sufficient to start intercourse in about 70% of otherwise healthy men. Some people have trouble speaking with their doctors about sex. But if you have ED, you should tell your doctor. ED can be a sign of health problems. It may mean your blood vessels are clogged. It may mean you have nerve damage from diabetes. If you don't see your doctor, these problems will go untreated. Your doctor can offer several new treatments for ED. For many men, the answer is as simple as taking a pill. Getting more exercise, losing weight, or stopping smoking may also help.
2. What drugs can be used to treat erectile dysfunction(ED)?
The treatment for erectile dysfunction (ED) was revolutionized with the development of phosphodiesterase type 5 (PDE5) inhibitors.The last two decades have seen a dramatic growth of understanding in the physiology of erection, the pathophysiology of erectile dysfunction (ED), and its treatment options.
As the above quote from the fifth edition of Campbell's Urology reveals, it was not long ago when little was known of erectile physiology, and adequate treatment was still "some day"away.On the market, there are some drugs can be used to treat erectile dysfunction(ED). Like Tadalafil, Sildenafil, Vardenafil, Avanafil.
Does it make any difference which of the four drugs for erectile dysfunction(ED)you take? "Yes, there can be differences," says Dr. Louis Liou, chief of urology at Harvard-affiliated Cambridge Health Alliance in Boston. "For new patients, I have them try different ones to see what works best." SZOB also collect the different testing result of these drugs used to treat erectile dysfunction(ED).
Tadalafil (Cialis) is the newest and most versatile PDE5 inhibitor in the clinical armamentarium for the treatment of ED.Clinical trials have proven its safety and efficacy with both dosing strategies for all severities and etiologies of ED, including difficult-to-treat ED.
3. What is Tadalafil?
Tadalafil, is used to treat erectile dysfunction (ED, impotence; inability to get or keep an erection), and the symptoms of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH; an enlarged prostate) which include difficulty urinating (hesitation, dribbling, weak stream, and incomplete bladder emptying), painful urination, and urinary frequency and urgency in adult men. Tadalafil (Adcirca) is used to improve the ability to exercise in people with pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH; high blood pressure in the vessels carrying blood to the lungs, causing shortness of breath, dizziness, and tiredness).
Tadalafil is in a class of medications called phosphodiesterase (PDE) inhibitors. It works to treat erectile dysfunction by increasing blood flow to the penis during sexual stimulation. This increased blood flow can cause an erection. Tadalafil treats PAH by relaxing the blood vessels in the lungs to allow blood to flow more easily.
4.What are the brand names of tadalafil?
5. How does tadalafil work?
Tadalafil is an oral drug that is used for treating impotence (the inability to attain or maintain a penile erection) and benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH). It is in a class of drugs called phosphodiesterase-5 (PDE5) inhibitors that also includes sildenafil (Viagra) and vardenafil (Levitra). Erection of the penis is caused by the filling of the penis with blood. Filling occurs because the blood vessels that bring blood to the penis increase in size and deliver more blood to the penis, and, at the same time, the blood vessels that take blood away from the penis decrease in size and remove less blood from the penis. Sexual stimulation that leads to an erection causes the production and release of nitric oxide in the penis. The nitric oxide causes an enzyme, guanylate cyclase, to produce cyclic guanosine monophosphate (cGMP).
It is cGMP that is primarily responsible for increasing and decreasing the size of blood vessels carrying blood to and from the penis, respectively, and causing an erection. When the cGMP is destroyed by another enzyme, phosphodiesterase-5, the blood vessels return to their normal size, blood leaves the penis, and the erection ends. Tadalafil prevents phosphodiesterase-5 from destroying cGMP so that cGMP stays around longer.
The persistence of cGMP leads to a more prolonged engorgement of the penis with blood. The mechanism whereby tadalafil improves the symptoms of BPH is not clear, but phosphodiesterase-5 also is present in the muscles of the bladder and the prostate, and it has been suggested that the relaxation of these muscles may make the passage of urine less difficult, for example, by reducing the pressure in the muscle surrounding the opening to the urethra that controls the flow of urine from the bladder. Tadalafil was approved by the FDA in November 2003.
6. How quickly does tadalafil work?
SZOB analyze customer feedback information, on average, Tadalafil is becomes effective within the hour although some men have reported that Tadalafil works best after a few hours. Tadalafil can remain effective for up to 36 hours. This does not mean that the erection will last that long - simply that you will have the ability to attain an improved erection for that period of time. Unlike Sildenafil, a meal will not delay the effectiveness of Tadalafil.
7. Does tadalafil treat the underlying causes of impotence?
Tadalafil will not resolve the underlying cause of male impotence although if the cause is primarily psychological, it may help to break the cycle of anxiety and failure associated with being unable to achieve a satisfactory erection.
8. Can women take tadalafil?
● Tadalafil is not approved for women and has not been evaluated in women who are breastfeeding.
● Tadalafil is not approved for use in women.
9.How does tadalafil metabolism and excretion?
The metabolism of tadalafil is via the hepatic enzyme cytochrome P450 34A (CYP34A) to a catechol metabolite, which undergoes further metabolism to its primary circulating metabolite, methylcatechol glucuronide, a 10,000-fold less potent molecule than tadalafil (Gupta et al 2005).
The CYP34A metabolism pathway of tadalafil was verified with studies using a CYP34A inhibitor ketoconazole and a CYP34A inducer rifampin (Kostis et al 2005). Tadalafil is excreted largely as metabolites, approximately two-thirds into the feces and one-third into the urine (ICOS 2008).
10. How to use tadalafil(tadalafil powder)?
There are different usage of tadalafil(use tadalafil), SZOB recommend as bellow:
● Take tadalafil powder direcetlyTadalafil powder is the raw material of tadalafil, also it is the main ingredient of tadalafil pills.
Tadalafil powder is a white powder, has the empirical formula C22H19N3O4 representing a molecular weight of 389.41. The chemical designation is pyrazino[1´,2´:1,6]pyrido[3,4-b]indole-1,4-dione, 6-(1,3-benzodioxol-5- yl)-2,3,6,7,12,12a-hexahydro-2-methyl-, (6R,12aR)-. It is a crystalline solid that is practically insoluble in water and very slightly soluble in ethanol. If you do not know how to make tadalafil powder into pills or tablets, you also can take tadalafil powder directly. But ensure that you take the right dosage, and high quality tadalafil powder or high quality tadalafil raw material.
|Solubility||Insoluble in water or alcohol, soluble in Acetic acid, ethyl ester|
|Loss on drying||≤0.5%|
● Take tadalafil pills
As tadalafil powder(raw material of tadalafil) is the main ingredient of tadalafil pills, always be made into tadalafil pills or tadalafil tablets. Take tadalafil pills will be more convenient than take tadalafil powder directly. As the dosage of every tadalafil pills(tadalafil tablets) has been set, so you do not need to spend the mind to control the dosage, as long as you strictly follow the instructions to take it. Tadalafil is usually taken only once per day. Follow all directions on your prescription label. Do not take this medicine in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended.
● Tadalafil can be taken with or without food.
● Do not break or split a Cialis tablet. Swallow it whole.
● If you are taking tadalafil for PAH, you should know that tadalafil controls PAH but does not cure it. Continue to take tadalafil even if you feel well. Do not stop taking tadalafil without talking to your doctor.
● If you are taking tadalafil to treat PAH or BPH, follow your doctor's directions and the guidelines in this paragraph. You should take tadalafil one time a day. Take all of the tablets for your daily dose at one time each day; do not divide the tablets to take as separate doses.Take tadalafil at around the same time every day. If you are already taking medication to treat BPH, your doctor may tell you to stop taking your other medication at least one day before starting treatment with tadalafil. Follow your doctor's directions carefully, and ask your doctor or pharmacist to explain any part you do not understand.
11. What is the dosage of tadalafil?
● For most individuals, the recommended starting dosage of tadalafil is 10 mg per day taken before sexual activity (tadalafil for use as needed). Depending on the adequacy of the response or side effects, the dose may be increased to 20 mg or decreased to 5 mg a day. The effect of tadalafil may last up to 36 hours. Individuals who are taking medications that increase the blood levels of tadalafil should not exceed a total dose of 10 mg in 72 hours (See drug interactions). For once daily use without regard to sexual activity the recommended dose is 2.5 to 5 mg daily. Tadalafil should not be taken more than once daily.
● The recommended dose for BPH, or BPH and ED is 5 mg daily taken about the same time each day. Tadalafil may be taken with or without food since food does not affect its absorption from the intestine.
● SZOB expecially warn that the dosage of tadalafil may require adjustment for patients with reduced kidney or liver function.
12. Why tadalafil have different doses?
Some men may respond to a lower dose of Tadalafil. Some men may already be taking medicines, other than nitrates, that interact with tadalafil and thus need to adjust the dosage of tadalafil.
13. What should I do if I take tadalafil overdose?
Seek emergency medical attention or call the Poison Help line
14. What should I do if I miss a tadalafil dose?
● If you take tadalafil every day and you miss a dose, take the missed dose as soon as you remember. Skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next scheduled dose. Do not take extra medicine to make up the missed dose.
● If tadalafil is used as needed, you are not likely to be on a dosing schedule.
15. Does tadalafil interact with other medicines?
Tell your doctor is you take any bellow:
● Medications that block a protein in the body (CYPA4) such as some macrolide antibiotics (clarithromycin, telithromycin), some HIV protease inhibitors (indinavir, nelfinavir, ritonavir, saquinavir), some HCV protease inhibitors (boceprevir, telaprevir), some azole antifungals (ketoconazole, itraconazole, posaconazole, voriconazole), conivaptan (Vaprisol), delavirdine (Rescriptor), and nefazodone (Serzone)
● If you are taking tadalafil to treat erectile dysfunction, tell your doctor if you have ever been advised by a health care professional to avoid sexual activity for medical reasons or if you have ever experienced chest pain during sexual activity. Sexual activity may be a strain on your heart, especially if you have heart disease. If you experience chest pain, dizziness, or nausea during sexual activity, call your doctor immediately or get emergency medical treatment, and avoid sexual activity until your doctor tells you otherwise.
● Other medicines to treat high blood pressure (hypertension)
● Medicines called nitrates
● Tadalafil is marketed as both Cialis and Adcirca. Do not take both at the same time. Do not take sildenafil citrate (Revatio) with tadalafil.This is not a complete list of tadalafil drug interactions. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
16. What are the side effects of tadalafil?
The common side effects of tadalafil are as bellow:
● indigestion or heartburn
● pain in the stomach, back, muscles, arms, or legs
17. Where can I get tadalafil?
Tadalafil is available by prescription and should be used under the supervision of a medical professional. Also you can buy tadalafil online. But the price will be expansive. So, if you know how to use tadalafil raw material to make tadalafil pills, you also can buy tadalafil powder online.
SZOB recommend that, when you buy tadalafil powder online, ensure that the tadalafil powder supplier is professional and provide high quality tadalafil powder. Before you buy tadalafil powder online, check with your tadalafil powder supplier everything, purity , payment term, shipment policy...etc.
18. How should I storage tadalafil?
Keep this medication in the container it came in, tightly closed, and out of reach of children. Store it at room temperature and away from excess heat and moisture (not in the bathroom).
Tadalafil powder made into tablet form and is either taken one time before you expect to have sexual activity, or at a lower dose, once daily.Tadalafil is in a group of medications called phosphodiesterase 5 (PDE5) inhibitors. It works by increasing blood flow to the penis during sexual stimulation.
It may also relax the prostate and bladder.Tadalafil is a prescription medicine used to treat impotence, known medically as erectile dysfunction (ED), and symptoms of enlarged prostate (benign prostatic hyperplasia, or BPH). It is also is used to improve the ability to exercise in people with pulmonary arterial hypertension.